I started this print way back in October last year but had to put it aside for a while for all the fairs I was doing before xmas. Also, I wanted to take my time over this (that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!), as I was quite apprehensive about how to do the ‘shine’ on such black fur. I can’t tell you how long I stared at my dog to gauge the right shade of grey/blue to use under the final very dark blue/black – she did look a bit worried at times!
Here are the process photos. I used two blocks, one for the dog and one for the background. There are three colours on each, and as they don’t overlap, drying time was quicker and there is no thick build up of ink which can make the print look quite shiny.
These are still drying, then I have to edition them. When they are done I will put them on my online shop!
(If you hover (your mouse) over the picture, the caption appears).