Dried flower heads finished

After a lot of careful carving and a little procrastinating, I have finally finished this series of three dried flower heads. One of each is at the framers now and I can’t wait to see what they will look like all dolled up, so to speak. I learnt a lot in doing these, mostly that I should have planned them a little more thoroughly, with regard to each colour layer, but also that I could have been less subtle with the colours. I think I could have been a bit bolder with the contrasts, as once the darker tones were laid down, the lighter ones seem to have diminished quite a bit. That is the thing with making reduction prints – you’ve just got to trust your judgement to a certain extent, but also to learn with each print. Once it’s printed, that’s it!

2 thoughts on “Dried flower heads finished

  • Laura (PA Pict) May 14, 2015 at 1:34 am

    These are beautifully delicate. Wonderful!

    Reply
    1. Nancy Power May 14, 2015 at 9:08 am

      Thanks Laura!

      Reply

    Leave a Reply to Nancy Power Cancel reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

BACK TO TOP
%d bloggers like this: