Dried flower heads finished

After a lot of careful carving and a little procrastinating, I have finally finished this series of three dried flower heads. One of each is at the framers now and I can’t wait to see what they will look like all dolled up, so to speak. I learnt a lot in doing these, mostly that I should have planned them a little more thoroughly, with regard to each colour layer, but also that I could have been less subtle with the colours. I think I could have been a bit bolder with the contrasts, as once the darker tones were laid down, the lighter ones seem to have diminished quite a bit. That is the thing with making reduction prints – you’ve just got to trust your judgement to a certain extent, but also to learn with each print. Once it’s printed, that’s it!

2 thoughts on “Dried flower heads finished

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s