Reduction print of a Greylag Goose

I’ve been getting back into printing again after a few months of drawing instead. I’ve really missed it!! Although my right hand is aching like mad, it is so addictive and I can’t wait for the colours to dry so I can apply the next one.

Here’s my progress so far on this goose that I photographed at Rufford Abbey in Nottinghamshire a few weeks ago. I’ll post again in a few days time when I’ve done some more, or maybe even finished the edition.

7 thoughts on “Reduction print of a Greylag Goose

1. papict November 2, 2014 / 11:15 pm

Looks great so far. I would love to try a simple reduction print sometime but would need a bit less chaos on the home front I think if I stand any chance of making it work.

• Nancy Power November 3, 2014 / 12:10 am

Thanks Laura! Hey, you should go for it and try a reduction print. The good thing is that you can do a bit then think about it and come back to it. Although you are right, it isn’t the sort of thing you can do amidst chaos!

Liked by 1 person

• papict November 3, 2014 / 12:21 am

I will give it a go some time. It is on my To Do list.

2. juliettelee2014 November 4, 2014 / 10:13 pm

I know the aching hand feeling! I drew a lot over the summer and I had to nurse my hand back to full health before school started!!

3. Aussa Lorens November 5, 2014 / 6:32 pm

Very cool! I know nothing about all this, so it’s fascinating.

• Nancy Power November 5, 2014 / 10:07 pm

Thanks Aussa! I equally know nothing about men’s underpants on my doorstep, so hey, we’re even!

Liked by 1 person