Awesome Art Journaling – week 4

The last week of this wonderful course. I had such fun just drawing anything, even really mundane, everyday things. Here’s a selection of my drawings from the last week. So now I’m still trying to draw something everyday, it won’t always be worth sharing so don’t hold your breath folks!
Also, I’ve signed up for Skethcbook Skool with Koosje Koene and Danny Gregory which starts in April, and I am very excited about that!!
Oh, and I will be doing some more Lino prints soon, that’s the whole point of this course, to get me back into drawing instead of using my photographs as my only reference.

15 thoughts on “Awesome Art Journaling – week 4

• Nancy Power February 4, 2014 / 3:02 pm

Thanks Lynne, it really has been fun I have to say! Apparently, drawing food and recipes is quite a popular thing. I did really like it too and will be doing some more!

1. Karen Rand Anderson February 4, 2014 / 4:54 pm

Just lovely, Nancy… your drawings are beautiful. I don’t have time in my life right now to make the drawing commitment. I love Danny and have all his books, and it’s inspiring to see your joyous and delightful drawings! Maybe this summer I will take it on… Have a wonderful time in SKetchbookSkool!

• Nancy Power February 4, 2014 / 5:27 pm

Thank you very much Karen! I’m no Leonardo but it’s been great fun! And yes, I cannot wait for Sketchbook Skool. I’m sure I’ll be posting some of that on here too.

2. Laura Bloomsbury February 4, 2014 / 5:34 pm

lovely illustration & am following the recipe – looking forward to lino prints Nancy!

• Nancy Power February 5, 2014 / 12:37 am

Thanks so much Laura! Hope the recipe works for you, it’s one of my favourite soups..

3. brad young's art February 4, 2014 / 6:17 pm

Really enjoy your sketches. I like it when you can see the personality of the artist in their gift. It’s clear yours makes people happy. Keep it going!

• Nancy Power February 5, 2014 / 12:40 am

Lovely comment Brad, thank you! I will definitely keep it going – and you too! Your sketches are wonderful!

• Nancy Power February 5, 2014 / 12:41 am

Thank you Marcelo, I’m really impressed with your photos!

4. Denise February 5, 2014 / 1:09 pm

I just love all these – they make me feel French and cozy (don’t ask me what I mean about the French part, please, ’cause I don’t really know ;o).

You’ve a real gift, you know.

• Nancy Power February 5, 2014 / 7:57 pm

ha ha! Denise, you are funny! I love what you said and will take it as a massive compliment. You don’t have to explain the ‘French’ thing, don’t worry, I know what you mean! xx

• Denise February 5, 2014 / 8:42 pm

I thought you would! ;o)

5. Aussa Lorens February 10, 2014 / 5:01 am

Oh I absolutely love these, Nancy! But I’m also incredibly distracted by how badly I want some baklava now…

• Nancy Power February 10, 2014 / 8:57 am

Thank you Aussa! I know, I just love baklava so much! One of the many reasons to go to Greece!!!