A sketch a day / Awesome Art Journaling course – weeks 2 + 3

Here’s the result of the past two week’s sketching and painting course I have been doing. It’s really been fun and it’s so nice to make myself do this on a daily basis. These aren’t particularly great but I am re-learning to look at things and to use different media without feeling apprehensive about it.

6 thoughts on “A sketch a day / Awesome Art Journaling course – weeks 2 + 3

1. Tina Schell February 1, 2014 / 1:24 pm

Wow, theses are wonderful! I’m so jealous of people who can paint or draw. Part of my love for photography is because I can’t!!

• Nancy Power February 1, 2014 / 1:47 pm

Awh thanks Tina, much appreciated!!! I think I had kind of forgotten that I can draw and this has been great to make myself do it everyday.. You take much better photos than me (by miles) so I wouldn’t sweat it about drawing!!! Very few of us can be good at everything can we?? Ok, some are amazing at lots of things but they are few and far between, and possibly quite mad.

2. Aussa Lorens February 1, 2014 / 6:36 pm

Woah, I’m impressed. I like the hand with the ring, especially. I’ve never been able to draw things in a realistic way… it boggles my mind.

3. Nancy Power February 1, 2014 / 6:55 pm

Awh thanks Aussa! Like everything it just takes practise, and having to draw everyday for this course has made me do that properly!
    I wish I could write like you do, my life hasn’t been exactly uneventful, but I’m no wordsmith…..ok, I’ve had the odd drunken epiphany where I think I’m John Paul Sartre or something but I’ve usually forgotten that by the morning…
    Thanks so much for your comment and the follow!! Yeeha!

4. mrscarmichael February 2, 2014 / 8:58 am

Wow! I popped across to thank you for your comment on my Life saving photo – for some reason I cannot reply to comments attached to the pics and not the script, Annoying.

Anyway am hooked my your drawings and very interested in the lithographs too.

5. Nancy Power February 2, 2014 / 11:43 am

Well thank you very much indeed Mrs C! And thank you for the follow too, muchly obliged for sure. I have no idea how I posted my comment on your photo – I think it’s an iPad thing. They’ve changed the way we view things again and it’s really annoying!!! I’m glad you found it anyway!