Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition

I pulled up at work one day last year and turned around and saw this. I really thought it was a dead baby in a skip. You have to understand that I really thought this was possible, because of the location of my office. I couldn’t resist taking some shots of this life sized toddler doll, who, it has to be said, looks pretty serene and looks like he/she is looking up at the stars… It’s still a bit weird though…

17 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition

• Nancy Power January 25, 2014 / 12:33 pm

Thank you! Yes, I made sure I parked first. It did kind of freak me out it has to be said!

• Nancy Power January 25, 2014 / 12:37 pm

Yep!!! I’m glad I take my camera with me at all times!

1. Jo January 30, 2014 / 9:31 pm

HA Oh god my daughter has these kind of dolls. I can hardly go into her bedroom without jumping out of my skin! Great photo’s for the topic.

• Nancy Power January 30, 2014 / 9:50 pm

He he! I can imagine – I think I would be a slight nervous wreck if I had a kid with these! It did make me jump seeing this but, without meaning to paint a really rubbish picture of the small town where I work – as I said in my post, I kind of thought it could be real.
      Humungous thanks for the follow too ;o)

• Jo January 30, 2014 / 10:29 pm

It is a pleasure, looking forward to seeing you in my timeline as and when I get the chance to get on here šŸ™‚

2. Tish Farrell February 6, 2014 / 8:42 am

Many thanks for the follow, Nancy. The toddler in the skip shots are very disturbing and especially from the angles you caught them. A David Lynch ‘film opening’ moment methinks.

• Nancy Power February 6, 2014 / 8:52 am

No problem Tish! You have a very interesting blog!
      David Lynch eh? You could be right there!