Awesome Art Journaling – week one!

Here are my first weeks efforts for the online drawing course ‘Awesome Art Journaling’ with Koosje Koene.

OK, so there are only 6, not 7 drawings…went to the pub with hubby so no drawing last night!

For this week I am choosing the ‘subject’ of my dog. Really want to get some good drawings done of her… if she sits still long enough that is. Here is a quick one I did today:

:Tilly

10 thoughts on “Awesome Art Journaling – week one!

1. sixdegreesphotography January 11, 2014 / 1:35 am

These are very good.. this looks like it will be a great project and what fun to look back at the end of the year and see the story of your life in art format!

• Nancy Power January 13, 2014 / 10:21 am

Thank you! I’m hoping this will kick start me into drawing again which will also help with my lino prints too.

• Nancy Power January 13, 2014 / 10:01 am

Thank you! I haven’t sat down and drawn anything for ages so this has been fun!

2. Laura Bloomsbury January 13, 2014 / 9:14 am

love your illustative style Nancy- socks and boots especially. You add an element of fun and very nice use of colour

3. brad young's art January 14, 2014 / 4:10 pm

Very cool!

• Nancy Power January 14, 2014 / 5:28 pm

Thanks Brad! Your site is pretty cool too, your drawing are wonderful. I may just have to follow you!

4. marcelo leonard January 20, 2014 / 10:45 am

Your skills at drawing make me green with envy.
    My sketches are often like indecipherable hieroglyphs. 🙂

• Nancy Power January 20, 2014 / 11:01 am

Wow, thanks for the compliment!!
      Drawing is just another case of practise, practise, practise….like taking great photos, which is something I need to practise!!