Weekly Photo Challenge: Community

As soon as I saw this week’s title I knew the images I would post. These are from the feast day for Saint Alphonsa of Kerala, India. She was the first native woman  to be beatified. We came across these people celebrating her Feast day on the 28th July in Worcester a couple of years ago. It was a very colourful and friendly occasion.

11 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Community

1. sixdegreesphotography December 15, 2013 / 3:24 pm

What a great event to happen upon.. Love your pictures and especially the beautiful parasols!

• Nancy Power December 15, 2013 / 3:28 pm

Thank you!! It was a very lovely event to see and they were all very friendly and told us all about it.

2. Tina Schell December 15, 2013 / 6:18 pm

Excellent choice Nancy! Love the umbrellas and the little girl especially.

• Nancy Power December 15, 2013 / 10:53 pm

Thank you Tina, I’m so pleased you like them. Yes, I loved the umbrellas too, they were so amazing and I wanted to buy one from them but didn’t dare to ask! And yes, the children were the cutest I have ever seen – and so well behaved! x

3. lensandpensbysally December 16, 2013 / 3:29 pm

Very nice set of images for the challenge–I get a real feel for the street life.

4. Denise December 28, 2013 / 11:20 pm

Do you travel all over? These are so lovely and real. I sense what it’s like to be there and I’m sad that I’m not. I want to go away. You’re the closest I am to it.

• Nancy Power December 29, 2013 / 6:04 pm

Ah Denise, I’m afraid I don’t travel that much and unfortunately not as far as India just yet. These pictures were taken in the UK in Worcester, when I was visiting a friend. Can you not get away, even for one or two days? A change of scenery can be good to help us get away from ourselves sometimes. x

5. Jo January 30, 2014 / 10:31 pm

Fantastic set of images. The last one is utterly beautiful.

• Nancy Power January 31, 2014 / 11:57 am

Ah, thanks Jo! It was a magical sight for sure – and yes, all the kids were sooooo gorgeous and well behaved!