International Print Exchange

I recently participated in the International Print Exchange run by Greendoor Print Studio in Derby.
Yesterday a wonderful little parcel arrived containing a selection of the other printmakers works:

The processes vary from linocut, etching, mezzotint, collagraph to lithograph, screen print and photo etching.
This is the first exchange I have entered and I have to say it is such a lovely thing to be involved with. The effort that everyone puts in – especially the folks at Greendoor – is extremely worth it, after all, you receive 8 prints in return!

For anyone that is nearby to Derby or if you are passing by, please pop in and see the exhibition they are holding – details here: International Print Exchange (IPE)

Oh, this was the one I entered, it looks a bit green here!:

Cat#1 Lino cut

12 thoughts on “International Print Exchange

• MissFourEyes October 7, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Wow, I love yours 🙂

1. Nancy Power October 7, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Ooh thank you! Very kind of you :o)

• sustainabilitea October 4, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Our younger daughter, at art school in Philadelphia, is majoring in printmaking, although now of course, she does plenty of other things. Here’s her site, periodically updated as she has time. 🙂

janet

1. Nancy Power October 6, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Wow! Just had a quick peek – your daughter is very talented, I really like her style. I will be ‘liking’ quite a bit I think!
      Makes me long for my days at art college again, as I work full time I don’t have many daylight hours for just drawing. I miss it dreadfully. Mmmm, need to make time for it.

1. sustainabilitea October 6, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Yes, especially if that’s something that speaks to your soul (re: my post today)! Make time for it. It will be a blessing. Thanks for checking our daughter’s site, too.

janet

• frizztext October 4, 2013 at 5:04 pm

you are participating a wonderful project
    – and I like your cat with green background drawing!

1. Nancy Power October 4, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Thank you Frizztext! I am most humbly flattered :o)

• Private October 1, 2013 at 1:55 am

Your print is also really very nice. Actually beautiful.

1. Nancy Power October 1, 2013 at 9:57 am

Ooh thank you again, you are very kind! I really do appreciate the feedback!

1. Private October 1, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I’m glad to give any of worth. I love art.

2. sarah bithell October 1, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Love your print ,i was looking at it on sunday, I must try do linocuting but i know how hard it is. By the way you have one of my prints it the one call Time Slipping Away it is strange that someone has one of your own prints LOL

Sarah

3. Nancy Power October 2, 2013 at 10:12 am

Thank you Sarah, that’s very kind of you!
        Your print was one of the ones that I liked the most, so here we have a mutual admiration society!
        Linocutting isn’t that hard, it just takes concentration – like any form of printing of course!