International Print Exchange

I recently participated in the International Print Exchange run by Greendoor Print Studio in Derby.
Yesterday a wonderful little parcel arrived containing a selection of the other printmakers works:

The processes vary from linocut, etching, mezzotint, collagraph to lithograph, screen print and photo etching.
This is the first exchange I have entered and I have to say it is such a lovely thing to be involved with. The effort that everyone puts in – especially the folks at Greendoor – is extremely worth it, after all, you receive 8 prints in return!

For anyone that is nearby to Derby or if you are passing by, please pop in and see the exhibition they are holding – details here: International Print Exchange (IPE)

Oh, this was the one I entered, it looks a bit green here!:

Cat#1 Lino cut

12 thoughts on “International Print Exchange

1. Private October 1, 2013 / 1:55 am

Your print is also really very nice. Actually beautiful.

• Nancy Power October 1, 2013 / 9:57 am

Ooh thank you again, you are very kind! I really do appreciate the feedback!

• Private October 1, 2013 / 6:25 pm

I’m glad to give any of worth. I love art.

• sarah bithell October 1, 2013 / 10:23 pm

Love your print ,i was looking at it on sunday, I must try do linocuting but i know how hard it is. By the way you have one of my prints it the one call Time Slipping Away it is strange that someone has one of your own prints LOL

Sarah

• Nancy Power October 2, 2013 / 10:12 am

Thank you Sarah, that’s very kind of you!
        Your print was one of the ones that I liked the most, so here we have a mutual admiration society!
        Linocutting isn’t that hard, it just takes concentration – like any form of printing of course!

2. frizztext October 4, 2013 / 5:04 pm

you are participating a wonderful project
    – and I like your cat with green background drawing!

• Nancy Power October 4, 2013 / 5:13 pm

Thank you Frizztext! I am most humbly flattered :o)

• Nancy Power October 6, 2013 / 3:29 pm

Wow! Just had a quick peek – your daughter is very talented, I really like her style. I will be ‘liking’ quite a bit I think!
      Makes me long for my days at art college again, as I work full time I don’t have many daylight hours for just drawing. I miss it dreadfully. Mmmm, need to make time for it.

• sustainabilitea October 6, 2013 / 3:32 pm

Yes, especially if that’s something that speaks to your soul (re: my post today)! Make time for it. It will be a blessing. Thanks for checking our daughter’s site, too.

janet