We came across this charming little cafe called the Chalet de la Floria, half way up the side of the mountain near Chamonix in France. It really was the most delightful sight and a riot of saturated colour everywhere we looked. A beer and a slice of Bilberry pie also went down very well!!

8 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Saturated – An unexpected delight half way up a mountain

1. Tharien Hechter September 29, 2013 / 4:31 pm

What a find! Even if just to take photos! But I guess the coffee must have been good as well!

• Nancy Power September 29, 2013 / 7:21 pm

Absolutely an amazing find, now I am glad my husband made us walk there in the first place. Chamonix is such a lovely place, expensive, but lovely!

2. mommyinbonlee September 29, 2013 / 7:06 pm

That looks like a really neat place and I am sure that finding it unexpectedly made it even better. Chamonix is a wonderful town!

• Nancy Power September 29, 2013 / 7:19 pm

Thank you! Yes, it was truly amazing and as I was a bit tired from our trekking it was most welcome!

• Nancy Power September 30, 2013 / 10:57 am

Thanks! It really was such a lovely place, I could have stayed all day! It made me smile so much as there were so many whacky things to see there as well.

3. Ben October 1, 2013 / 8:28 pm

That place looks delightful! Great shots for the challenge too. I’ll have to look out for that one next time I’m around Chamonix.

• Nancy Power October 2, 2013 / 10:28 am

Hi Ben, yes it was so lovely. I think it was on the opposite side of the valley from Mont Blanc towards Argentiere. Definitely worth a little trek from La Flegere cable car.